The Real-world evidence (RWE) Navigator website (Beta version) (“the website”) and all information contained in are available for use subject to the following terms and conditions. Being a beta version of the website, this site is subject to change. By accessing the website, you agree to these terms and conditions of use.
- The website is owned and operated by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (“NICE”) a non-departmental public body established under primary legislation and based at Level 1, City Tower, Piccadilly Plaza, Manchester, M1 4BT, United Kingdom (“NICE“, “us“, “our” or “we“)
- The content is co-owned by NICE and the IMI Get Real contributorsa.
- These terms and conditions apply to the use of any of the website https://rwe-navigator.eu domain. Where indicated, additional terms and conditions apply to specific websites only.
- The website is an output from the IMI GetReal project. The website summarises and integrates the outputs of all the Work Packages of the IMI GetReal project (signposting to products from GetReal). It is also a general directory of resources on the use of real-world evidence in medicines development, an educational resource on potential issues in demonstrating relative effectiveness for medicines, and guides users to specific types of analyses or study designs using RWE in medicine development to potentially address issues in demonstrating relative effectiveness.
- The information on the website is there to inform stakeholders involved in or interested in using real-world evidence to support the development of medicines.
- The websites are also accessible by the general public Worldwide. Members of the general public may also find them of interest.
Your use of the website
- You may only use the websites for lawful purposes. You may not use, and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that no other person uses the websites in a way that does not comply with the terms of any laws applicable to you or that is in any way unlawful.
- You agree:
- to comply with any legal notices contained on the websites;
- to respect and comply with the legal rights of others, in particular our rights (including our rights in copyright and trade marks), and the rights of our licensors;
- not to use the websites for any commercial gain, personal or otherwise, nor to sell or trade in any of the content or other material copied or downloaded from the websites without our express written permission;
- not to change any of the text or images contained in the websites or merge it with any other text or images, or forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content; and
- not to present or use material from the websites in a way that is misleading.
Intellectual property rights
- You acknowledge that all rights in copyright, patents, design rights, trade marks and other intellectual property rights (whether registered, capable of registration or otherwise) throughout the world, (“IP Rights“) in the website (including in all content) are owned by NICE, the IMI Get Real Contributors and/or our licensors, other third parties or are subject to Crown copyright, for the full duration of such rights.
- You may print copy or download the content from the website for educational and not-for-profit purposes only and provided always that:
- IMI Get Real is acknowledged as the source;
- all titles credits and URLs are included; and
- you comply with any legal notice contained in the website.
This permission is revocable by NICE at any time.
- All trade marks, logos, titles, brand and product names (“the Trade Marks“) which are featured on the website are owned by our licensors.
- Reproduction, publication or distribution of the content from the website including NICE and the IMI Get Real contributors copyright material for commercial purposes is not permitted without the express written permission of NICE.
- The websites contain links to websites which are not under our control. These links are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for the availability or content of such other websites, nor for any products or services available from them. Any such link should not be seen as an endorsement by us of such websites, or any of the products or services contained on them. Links are made to or from the website at your own risk.
- You should be aware that your use of such other websites may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by the owners of those websites. Your dealings with such third parties are between you and the third party, and we accept no liability as a result of you accessing such websites or entering into contractual arrangements with the operator in question.
- Users may insert a simple link to the websites from their own website provided that:
- the website on which the link appears contains no unlawful, obscene, or offensive content and does not contain any links to such content;
- the website on which the link appears is not likely to cause anxiety, loss, harm or personal injury to its readers; and
- the link in no way has a negative impact on the reputation of NICE or the IMI Get Real contributors.
- We reserve the right to terminate any links to the website at any time without notice and at our sole and absolute discretion.
Privacy and data protection
- Any personal data held by NICE on users visiting this website will be used for the purpose of NICE or the IMI Get Real contributors business. It may be passed to third parties associated with IMI Get Real work in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and data sharing guidance issued by the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Personal data used for maintaining our mailing lists for the distribution of newsletters may be passed to data processors or other third parties approved or contracted by NICE to enable us to maintain these services.
- Further information about how we may use your personal information and your rights to change or delete it can be found in the Information Charter.
Availability of the websites
- We will make reasonable endeavours to ensure that these websites are generally available but make no representation or guarantees as to such availability.
- We reserve the right to withdraw access to all or any part of any of these websites for periods of time in order to modify any of the content, for scheduled or unscheduled maintenance and for other purposes, without notice to you.
- As you will receive these websites via third party telecommunications networks, you acknowledge that NICE cannot guarantee that the availability of these websites will be uninterrupted or error free. Similarly we cannot guarantee that the transmission of any information over such telecommunications networks will be secure nor that you will be able to access these websites at all times.
- These websites are therefore provided to you on an “as is” and “as and when available” basis, and your use of these websites is at your own risk.
- We have processes in place to seek to ensure that the contents of these websites are accurate and that the links it publishes directing the user to third party websites function properly. However, we give no assurances regarding the currency, accuracy or applicability of any of the website’s content.
- Due to the nature of these websites we cannot guarantee the prompt editing or removal of any inappropriate or inaccurate information. If you find any information that is inaccurate or inappropriate then please contact us.
- While we use virus checkers to check the content of these websites we are unable to guarantee that these websites will never be faulty, nor that it will work continuously, nor that it will be maintained in a fully operational condition nor virus and/or error free. However we will use reasonable endeavours to correct serious faults reported by you as soon as we reasonably can.
- You should always check any content before downloading. Any website content is downloaded by you at your own risk and on the basis that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that result from the download of such content.
- You are responsible for the provision of and payment for all telecommunications services necessary to use these websites and all hardware, equipment and other services (including but not limited to computers, modems and any other communication equipment) necessary to use these websites.
- We provide these websites to you without any conditions, warranties, or guarantees whether express or implied, including but not limited to any implied warranties or conditions as to the satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose, which are expressly excluded to the extent permitted by law.
- This website is maintained to keep the public informed about the activities of the Get Real consortium. Our goal is to keep this information and material timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
- The information provided on this website is sometimes linked to external sites over which the consortium has no control and for which the consortium assumes no responsibility. Once you visit an external website you are subject to the policies of that site.
- It is our goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on our website may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The consortium accepts no responsibility whatsoever with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this website.
GetReal Group Disclaimer
- The processes described and conclusions drawn from the work presented in this website relate to the testing of methodologies to establish relative effectiveness of medicines. This website neither replaces nor is intended to replace or comment on any regulatory, access, or funding decision made by national regulatory agencies, the European Medicines Agency, national health technology assessment (HTA) agencies or other payers, or to replace formal scientific advice by these organisations. Actions taken by users following suggestion from this site do not guarantee access or funding by HTA agencies or payers.
- The research leading to these results was conducted as part of the GetReal consortium (https://www.imi-getreal.eu/) which is a public-private partnership. The GetReal project has received support from the Innovative Medicine Initiative Joint Undertaking (www.imi.europa.eu) under Grant Agreement n° 115546, resources of which are composed of financial contribution from the European Union’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-2013) and EFPIA companies’ in kind contribution
- Subject to the above paragraphs you acknowledge that in respect of your use and access of information on this site, including the documents published on this site we shall not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for:
- any economic losses (including loss of profits) any indirect or consequential losses, loss of data, goodwill or reputation, or for any wasted expense including but limited to losses caused by viruses,
and any other liability we may have to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss or damage suffered by you in relation to the website (including any information contained on it) is limited to £500.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any:
- claims (including third party claims);
- losses, demands, costs, expenses (including legal costs and expenses);
- fines; and/or
- You acknowledge that this indemnity is appropriate and reasonable given the nature of the website, and that you are accessing these websites at no additional charge to yourself.
- Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
- If you would like to make any comment or complaint about this website please email us.
a GetReal partners include Amgen, Haute Autorité de santé (HAS), Merck, Universität Bern, AstraZeneca, International Alliance of Patients’ Organizations, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, University of Ioannina, Bayer, Janssen, Novartis, University of Leicester, Boehringer Ingelheim, GlaxoSmithKline, Novo Nordisk, The University of Manchester, Bristol-Myers Squibb, LASER ANALYTICA, Roche, University Medical Center Groningen, European Medicines Agency, Lilly, Sanofi, University Medical Center Utrecht, The European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC), Merck Serono, Takeda, and Zorginstituut Nederland